Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Just how desperately do I miss Nordic Thoughts?

This desperately. I've taken to visiting Danish blogs. And Swedish blogs, and any blog that can give me the same feeling of sublime beauty that Nordic Thoughts and A Polar Bear's Tale once did. Don't bother searching those names: the blogs have been removed and the names have been taken over by other bloggers. (Cue soft and pathetic weeping.)

One such blog is NORDINGÅRDEN

One of the lovely photos at
NORDINGÅRDEN

The blog's subtitle is: LIVET PÅ LANDET I TVÅ TORP-INREDNING, TRÄDGÅRD, MAT & VIN
Which roughly means: "Country life in... decorations, garden, food & wine" (Well, I had figured out the "Vin" part without Google Translate. Thanks, Latin!)

Country life, Decor, Garden, Food and Wine--check, check, check, check and check. I can't speak Danish, but I can look at the pictures.

I also like this Nordic Design blog. And I occasionally watch travel videos from Nordic countries. I hear they are very expensive to visit, but I think it would be tremendously cool (metaphorically) to spend a holiday in one or more of these places. You can keep your Las Vegas. I want to go to Iceland. 







1 comment:

  1. I was just googling Nordic Thoughts to try and find out what happened to it when I stumbled upon your blog. When I first discovered it had been deleted I felt like a part of me died; like a happy, innocent joyful part of me had been lost and I will never be able to return again. I feel so sad even now thinking about it. I hope the creator of the blog is okay - what would make someone destroy something so beautiful?
    Anyway, it is a small solace but solace nonetheless to know that I am not alone in missing Nordic Thoughts. By the way, do you happen to know why it was deleted? Cheers, NF.

    ReplyDelete